WHY VOLUNTEER WITH SCOUTS WA?
If you care about future generations, if you want to contribute, to learn about yourself and other people, and want to have fun doing it, then we want you to join us as a Volunteer Leader!
Here’s what our Volunteer Leaders say; I volunteer in Scouts because:
- “I am making a contribution to your community”
- “It’s a great way to connect and learn with our kids”
- “I learn and develop new skills”
- “I enjoy seeing children and young people build their confidence”
- “I enjoy the challenge and try new things”
- “I have made great friendships”
- “It’s a great way to get outdoors”
- “It’s fun!”
What’s important to know before I volunteer with Scouts WA?
- Scouts WA has a strict child safety policy. We screen all our adult volunteers, and you will be required to complete a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and National Police Clearance.
- The Scouts WA Head Office team can assist with these processes, and they are important to keep our youth members safe.
- Scouts WA is all inclusive, and we welcome all people who care about youth development, to get involved.
- You don’t have to have been a Scout to become an adult volunteer with Scouts WA!
How can I be involved?
We need all kind of Volunteers in Scouting. Some of the roles available are:
- Leaders of Youth such as Joey Scout, Cub Scout and other Section Leaders deliver the Youth Program. To see what section or age group might suit you, click on each of the sections in the left hand menu to find out more.
- Leaders of Adults such as Group Leaders, District Commissioners and District Leaders. The people in these roles deal with the management of Groups and Districts and are there to support Youth Leaders.
- Adult Helpers are adults who commit to attending Scouting meetings and activities regularly to assist, but choose not to become a Leader. This includes parent helpers.
- Group Support Committee Members assist with the running of a Scout Group by taking on roles such as Treasurer.
To find out more, click on VOLUNTEER NOW or contact the Scouts WA Head Office on (08) 6240 7700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org