Scouts WA Recycling
Scouts WA Recycling is an exciting new social enterprise, launching on October 1, 2020 as part of the WA Government’s new Containers for Change container deposit scheme.
Scouts WA Recycling will operate Over the Counter Refund Points and Commercial Collection services, offering our community a better way to recycle – and make a difference to young people in the process!
Getting involved is simple:
- Eligible containers can be dropped to four convenient Scouts WA Recycling over the counter refund points across Metropolitan Perth, for a 10c instant cash refund offered per container, or deposited into your bank account. To help young people flourish, refunds can also be donated to Scouts WA to support local youth development programs.
- All of our depots are open from:
- Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
- Saturday 8am-1pm
- Sunday 10am-2pm
- For convenience, all of our depots operate as an undercover drive through service which means you can stay in the comfort of your car – our team will do all the work!
- Businesses, schools, clubs and community groups can take full advantage of Scouts WA Recycling’s no-cost Commercial Collection Service which makes it easy for organisations to access the Containers for Change refund and reduce overall waste costs. Businesses can choose to donate a portion or all of their refund to help support Western Australia’s premier youth organisation, Scouts WA.
Every container processed by Scouts WA Recycling make a difference. We’re partnering with the Wirrpanda Foundation and other employment providers to provide up to 40 new jobs, with a focus on providing employment for young people, people living with disabilities, the long term unemployed and Indigenous Australians.
Refund & Donation Depot
You can bring eligible containers to four depots across Perth and receive a cash or electronic refund or donate your refund to Scouts WA. If you’re not able to drop off during operating hours, we provide secure after-hours bag-drop bins at our facilities. Find your nearest location below.
Commercial Collection Service
A fleet of Scouts WA Recycling commercial collection vehicles will service local businesses, community groups, schools and clubs, making it easier for organisations to access the Containers for Change refund and reduce waste costs. Think your business could benefit from working with Scouts WA Recycling? Learn more here.
Refund & Donation Depot Locations:
Eligible Beverage Containers
Scouts WA Recycling will follow the Government’s Containers for Change guidelines when accepting containers.
Under the guidelines, Scouts WA Recycling will accept most aluminium, glass, plastic, steel and liquid paperboard beverage containers in sizes between 150 millilitres and 3 litres.
To be eligible the beverage container must:
- Have contained a beverage product that is not excluded from the scheme. For example, cordials, wine bottles, pure spirit bottles and plain milk are not included in the scheme so containers that have held these products are not eligible for a refund.
- Display the refund mark. This is so that the Refund Point operator can see if the container is part of the scheme. Most containers will already have a refund mark for SA and NT and these containers are eligible under Containers for Change in WA. Beverage manufacturers have until 1 June 2022 to display the new WA refund mark on their containers.
- Be an approved container. Only containers made of recyclable materials are eligible for a refund, and containers made of non-recyclable materials cannot be accepted.