Scouts WA Toowacka (Esperance) Caretaker
Scouts WA are excited to announce the addition of the Toowacka Adventure Centre in Esperance to our group of Scouts WA Adventure Centres.
Toowacka, on South Coast Hwy close to Esperance and overlooking Pink Lake, was originally established as a Scout and Guide Camp in the 1980’s by the Lions Club of Esperance. However, during the early 2000’s the site fell into disrepair and finally ceased operating in 2020.
Scouts WA have successfully negotiated a new lease and we look forward to developing another leading Scouts WA Adventure Centre and being able to welcome Scouts and guests very soon to this beautiful part of the South coast.
Caretaker for Toowacka (Esperance) Adventure Centre
Toowacka campsite is located 10kms from Esperance, located close to the beautiful Pink Lake and 10 minutes from the shops or beach. The site caters for mixed accommodation up to 70 people, plus leaders. Bunkhouse accommodation and camping facilities are available.
This is a live on-site position that includes accommodation and utilities (15 hours of volunteering a week, or 60 hours a month), which will allow you to undertake volunteers’ tasks which include, but are not limited to:
- Being the face of our Adventure Center by checking in and out guests. This can include outside of business hours and weekends.
- Conducting visits of the Center by appointment.
- Attending to guest calls which can occur outside of business hours and weekends.
- General cleaning duties.
- Carrying out minor maintenance and repairs on equipment, and around the site.
- Current police clearance (within 6 months)
- Current Working with Children Check Card
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Driver’s licence
- Reliable vehicle
- Right to live in Australia
- Hands on practical experience
- A can-do attitude
- Customer focused
- Physical ability to perform all duties related to the role
- Ability to live on site
- Trade qualification
- Experience in a similar role
- Outdoor activity experience
- Couples considered and preferred
If you think you’re an ideal candidate for this rare volunteer experience, please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressed to me, Jon Sayer.
Let me know a little about yourself and why this position would be ideal for you – email@example.com