Scouts Of The World Award
The Scouts of the World (#SWA) award provides the opportunity for Venturer and Rover Scouts to “Create a Better World”. Through facing the challenges of the future as identified by Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations, participants will have the opportunity to create action in one or more of the following goals:
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well Being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reduce Inequities
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Partnerships for the Goals.
Requirements for the Scouts of the World of Award are different for participants in Australia, as noted in the Venturer Scout Record Book and the Rover Scout Record Book. The process here is to:
- Learn about the world around you through growing your understanding of a goal of your choice - eg. attend a guest lecture, undertake a literature review, or attend a conference (get creative).
- Discover what you want to contribute to your community and create a plan.
- Identify and gain skills in the area you would like to contribute to.
- Take action to provide sustainable support for a minimum of six months or eighty hours, to a cause of your choosing.
- Review your experience and post your development on scout.org
Check out scout.org/SWAward to see some examples of projects from all around the world.
If you’d like to find out more information or would like some support, please contact your Unit or Crew leader, or email firstname.lastname@example.org